The objectives of the SFMCA are:
- To take common and co-ordinated action on behalf of the State branches to address matters affecting or likely to affect the interests of members of the stock feed industry.
- To disseminate information of relevance and interest to the membership.
- To provide a contact point for government and others who need to communicate with the industry generally.
- To address national issues on matters for the improvement, protection or development of the Australian stock feed manufacturing industry.
- To provide a central organisation, through which State branches and their members may be represented, to form industry policy positions for the general betterment of the stock feed manufacturing industry.
- To organise industry events such as conferences, for the exchange of information and ideas which assist feed manufacturers in their business development.